I attempted to turn on the debug mode and go to the debug menu.
I got a message telling me that there were 18 entries with errors.
I told structure to fix these entries, this appeared to fix the
admin but now the navigation on the public facing side stopped
The following template tag now displays no items:
I poked through the code for a little bit and found this query:
SELECT structure.*, titles.title, titles.entry_date,
titles.expiration_date, LOWER(titles.status) AS status FROM
exp_structure AS structure LEFT JOIN exp_channel_titles AS titles
ON (structure.entry_id = titles.entry_id) JOIN ( SELECT entry_id,
lft, rgt FROM exp_structure WHERE entry_id = '0' AND site_id IN
(0,'1') ) AS root_node ON (structure.lft BETWEEN root_node.lft AND
root_node.rgt) OR structure.entry_id = root_node.entry_id WHERE
structure.site_id IN (0,'1') AND (titles.entry_id IS NOT NULL OR
structure.entry_id = 0) AND (structure.entry_id = 0 OR
titles.entry_date < 1334772643) AND (structure.entry_id = 0 OR
titles.expiration_date = 0 OR titles.expiration_date >
1334772643) ORDER BY structure.lft
When looking at the database, i no longer have a row where
entry_id = 0
If I add a new row to the database with an entry_id of 0, 1 in
the lft column, and 1778(one more than the highest rgt value) in
the rgt column the navigation starts working. The debug page tells
me that i now have 1 extraneous entry. Can I leave the database
like this or is there something else I should do to fix it?
Sounds exactly like the issue I am having as well. I updated Structure to 3.3.6 and EE is still at 2.5.2.
I was able to replicate this on our QA version of the site as well. Our QA site is also a near replica of our live site so it makes sense this is happening there as well. Its just slightly different and I have included a screen shot of the PHP issue.
We have had the site working fine now for about year. I had this issue happen twice when creating a new page a few months ago but the issue has not arisen since then.
Now the issue is rather sever and I am noticing that my Structure URLs are disappearing and that I am not able to get some entries to show up correctly, deletion to the rescue.
I have included two images of the issues. There is one image that includes the PHP errors.
Again I am not sure the issue is with using an EE template as my sites index page since we have been running our site fine for a year now.
I hope this helps not only Dan but the Structure team in trouble shooting the issue.
Support on 16 Feb, 2017 04:00 PM
For future reference, we would recommend upgrading to Structure
4. Structure 4 has the ability to fix this, where in Structure 3.x
it would just drop the problem causing pages out of Structure.
(Please note, upgrading to Structure 4 when this problem is present
will give you the ability to fix the existing broken pages from an
older installed version of Structure)
There also hasn't been a known case of this happening in