Navigation problem and proper interface for pages tab of structure 4.1.14 - Solution?

Shiny Muhammed

29 May, 2017 08:54 AM

With reference to the problem discussed in this link
http://structure.tenderapp.com/discussions/problems/23702-solution-to-get-proper-interface-structure-add-on-pages-tab-content-in-control-panel-loaded-without-proper-interface-working-in-ee3-with-structure-4114 , accessed the "Validation" section of Structure, it shows following errors:

1. Errored Entries- Entries that don't match between Structure and EE URL Routing - 37 entries are listed here.

These entries related with File or Form channel entry (i.e. file uploaded through Posting content in CMS site). There are around total 480 entries in this category, but mismatch of Structure and EE URL Routing shows only for this 37 entries.

This is not listed in structure 3.3.9 and it occurred after upgrading structure to 4.1.14.

Two actions show at the bottom of this list – Use URL Routing and Use Structure.

When try to click on these buttons after upgrading structure to 4.1.14 from EE2.2.5, it shows Disallowed Key Characters.

But I can able to click on these actions from EE3.5.4 with structure 4.1.14.
When clicked on Use Structure action(in EE 3.5.4), Errored Entries list removed, Total Entries of EE URL routing comes to same as that of structure entries and actually these missed entries exist in File or Form Channel group.

Is this the way to correct Errored Entries ?

2. URL mismatches –List of entries with mismatching URLs between EE URL Routing and Structure.

URL mismatches corrected manually by editing the URL title of publish tab and structure URL of each listed entry to be same before upgrading structure to 4.1.14 from EE2.5.5. After upgrading structure these entries removed from validation section.

But in EE 3.5.4 with structure 4.1.14 these entries removed automatically when clicked on Use Structure action button mentioned in step1.

Is this the way to correct URL Mismatches ?

3.Structure Missing Entries – shows all the entries in Structure managed channels that are NOT currently in structure.

24 Closed status entries out of 34 total closed status entries are listed under this category.
Deleted these 24 entries manually.

After performing above three steps, errors listed in "Validation" section of Structure is removed(in EE3.5.4).But I didn’t get proper interface of structure add-on, pages tab.

How to get the proper interface after clearing out validation section errors? Is there any mistakes in performing the above steps?

As mentioned in step 2, I couldn’t able to correct Errored Entries from EE2.5.5 with structure4.1.14(When try to click on two action buttons after upgrading structure to 4.1.14 from EE2.2.5, it shows Disallowed Key Characters.)

Another problem occurred after upgrading structure from 3.3.9 to 4.1.14 is that links to the subpages are not working and these links are render out using the navigation tags.

Links to subpages are not working in both EE3.5.4 and EE2.5.5.

How to solve this navigation problem? Template file using the navigation tags and screen shots are attached.

Kindly do the needful to solve the navigation problem and getting the proper interface for pages Tab of structure4.1.14

1. 1 Posted by shinymuhammed on 31 May, 2017 05:33 AM

Kindly provide me possible solution for the structure tree interface and navigation problem .

Kindly reply me as early as possible........

2. 2 Posted by shinymuhammed on 02 Jun, 2017 08:29 AM

Got the proper interface for structure tree after upgrading structure from 4.1.14 to 4.1.15.
    Navigation problem not resolved after upgrading structure to 4.1.15.
    Kindly reply me as early as possible to resolve navigation problem.......

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• error1-EE2.5.5.png 165 KB
  • error2.png 166 KB
  • error3.png 137 KB
  • error4.png 152 KB
  • error5.png 75 KB
  • error6.png 143 KB
  • error7.png 99.1 KB
  • EE3.5.4.png 155 KB
  • error2.png 178 KB
  • error6.png 136 KB
  • Pic1-after_clicking-use_structure_button.png 139 KB
  • Pic2-after_clicking-use_structure_button.png 130 KB
  • Pic5-After_clearing_Structure_Missing_Entries-corrected_all_errors_in_validation_section.png 143 KB
  • help-page.html 4.08 KB
  • pic1-Top_navigation-selected_second_menu.png 364 KB
  • Pic2-secondpage.png 487 KB
  • Pic3-navigated_page.png 318 KB
  • Pic4-next_navigated_page.png 618 KB
  • Pic5-after_upgrading_structure_to_4.1.14-links_to_sub_pages.png 353 KB
  • pic6-navigated_sub_page_after_upgrading_structure_to_4.1.14.png 96.2 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac